EXPLORE THE SEA LIFE
Who is the game for?
This game is designed for children 5-10 years old.
At this age, children want to explore and do things by themselves in close-contact with the
This game will help children develop a scientific mentality using precise, empirical observations.
They discover the magic of the sea floor and all the marine animals that live there.
It also develops:
• memory and the ability to observe, through which they can identify how many times a
marine animal is repeated in the illustration.
• concentration, as the playful context is able to attract children’s attention to explore and
learn about the “inhabitants” of the sea.
• curiosity, which allows children to be inspired to learn and make many discoveries about the
magic of the sea.
• creativity and imagination, using the semi-realistic illustrations that cast children into the
world under the sea imagining that they live in it.
• autonomy, through freedom of observation to do research in close contact with the
This educational device uses Howard Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences as references,
according to which from the moment of birth, each person has more than one way of thinking,
multiple formae mentis, relatively independent of each other. The game encourages children
to develop some of Gardner’s intelligences:
• spatial intelligence, consisting of knowing how to recognize the relationships between
objects in the environment and knowing how to use visual memory;
• naturalistic intelligence, allowing people to show a particular interest towards important
natural phenomena and towards the life of marine fauna;
• corporeal-kinesthetic intelligence, or a wide-ranging ability to manipulate objects and in
• logical-mathematical intelligence, allowing people to classify and synthesize information
through inductive reasoning.